Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No Objection For Telangana, Says DLR

There seems to be difference of opinion among the Seemandhra leaders over granting of separate statehood for the Telangana region.
On Tuesday, health minister D L Ravindra Reddy sprang a surprise on the media saying he was not against the formation of separate Telangana state.
“If the Centre wants to bifurcate the state, we have no objection. I won’t resign from my post, if Telangana is given. I will abide by whatever the Centre takes on this issue,” he said.
Another minister N Raghuveera Reddy also said he would not raise any objection if the Centre gives Telangana. “I will also abide by the high command’s decision,” he said.
Nellore MLA Anam Vivekananda Reddy said there was no invitation from anybody from Seemandhra region to go to Delhi to represent against Telangana state formation. “I don’t think there is any such need,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment